Harrop become a member of the Adrad Group in December 2008. Adrad Group has in excess of 500 employees and has a strong heritage in manufacturing. The Adrad business was founded in 1984 and over the years the Group has grown dramatically through both natural growth and business acquisitions.
Today the group comprises a conglomerate of companies with activities of the group including:
- Importation of automotive radiators in a complete form for sale to the Australian automotive after-market.
- Manufacture of automotive and industrial radiator cores in copper / brass / steel and aluminium for the Australian and NZ aftermarket.
- Design and manufacture of heat exchange original equipment for inclusion in heavy duty vehicles.
- Design and manufacture of heat exchange equipment for stationary plant including generators and engines associated with the mining and power generation industries.
- Precision engineering of high performance automotive products.
Harrop is a licensed master distributor for Eaton Supercharger and Traction Control Products. The two companies share a synergy in research and development which leads to the continuous improvement of Supercharger and Traction Control Technology.
Eaton Corporation is a diversified power management company with 2009 sales of $11.9 billion. Eaton is a global technology leader in electrical components and systems for power quality, distribution and control; hydraulics components, systems and services for industrial and mobile equipment; aerospace fuel, hydraulic and pneumatic systems for commercial and military use; and truck and automotive drivetrain and powertrain systems for performance, fuel economy and safety. Eaton has approximately 70,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 150 countries.
The Vehicle Group is comprised of the company's truck and automotive segments. The truck segment is a global leader in the design, manufacture and marketing of powertrain systems and other components for commercial vehicle markets. Key products include manual and automated transmissions, clutches, hybrid power and emission treatment systems. Eaton's automotive segment produces key products such as superchargers, engine valves, valve train components, cylinder heads, locking and limited-slip differentials, fuel, emissions, and safety controls, transmission and engine controls, spoilers, exterior moldings, plastic components, and fluid connectors.
Through our close association with EATON, Harrop has become a distributor of Aeroquip Performance Products. For more than 60 years, Aeroquip® Performance Products has been the number one choice of racing enthusiasts around the world.
- Eaton's Aeroquip Performance Products is the only leading performance plumbing supplier that engineers and manufactures its own hose and fittings.
- State-of-the-art testing capabilities and ISO 9001 and QS9000 quality certified facilities are Eaton hallmarks.
- A 100,000-plus square foot Central Distribution Facility sends product out the door - when and where it is needed.
- Aeroquip AQP® patented inner tube used in the majority of our performance hoses is scientifically superior - allowing fluid and ambient temperatures of 300°F with no loss in performance and unmatched fluid compatibility.
- Contingency programs with NHRA, IHRA and several other industry associations around the USA, providing support to a wide range of racers.
- With the largest pool of engineering resources in the industry, Eaton's Aeroquip Performance Products is the industry leader in product quality and development.
Harrop is proud to collaborate with Edelbrock for the release of our Stealth Force® Supercharger System. In the press release for the Stealth Force® System, Edelbrock, LLC Chairman, Vic Edelbrock stated "Harrop Engineering is synonymous with quality engineered performance products that deliver real performance. They carry the same philosophies as Edelbrock - make quality products that bolt-on and deliver lasting performance. Their engineering expertise expands Edelbrock's supercharger opportunities into the Australian market; a loyal customer base of real performance enthusiasts."
Founded in 1938, Torrance-based Edelbrock, LLC is recognized as one of the USA's premier designers, manufacturers and distributors of performance replacement parts for the automotive and motorcycle aftermarkets. Edelbrock produces their core products in the United States of America using state-of-the-art equipment in their world class manufacturing facilities. Edelbrock, LLC encompasses six locations in Southern California totalling more than 500,000 square feet.
Harrop Engineering formed a supply partnership with John Hart in the early 1980's with the machinery specialist supplying a full compliment of Mazak CNC machines and associated equipment to Harrop for over a quarter of a century.
John Hart is a progressive and growth orientated privately owned organisation. John Hart's close association of some of the world's leading machine tool manufacturers over long periods have placed it in a unique position at the forefront of major industry developments and innovations. This has resulted in John Hart being a key player in the ongoing technology transfer to Australian manufacturers that has taken place over the past 60 years.